Strawberry Lemonade Blondies
Sweeten up your summer with our perfected strawberry blondies with a twist!
- 1 cup - butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup - granulated sugar
- 1 large - egg
- 1/4 cup - fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups - all purpose flour (use the fluff/scoop/level method for measuring)
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 1 cup - diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup - powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon - strawberry puree (you'll need about 2 large strawberries, instructions below)
- 1 tablespoon - or just enough to thin the glaze to a spreadable consistency
10 to 20
10 to 20
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper with long edges. This will help you lift out the blondies for easy glazing and slicing later.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- When the egg is fully incorporated, beat in the lemon juice. The lemon juice will probably not completely incorporate at this point, that's ok.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt, and add to the wet ingredients, mixing until no more dry flour is present.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries. Spread the mixture into your pan and spread out as evenly as possible. The dough is thick, so take your time.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, just until starting to turn golden around the edges and the center is set. A toothpick inserted in the center will be moist but not wet. Don't over-bake these, or they will dry out. Let cool on a rack.
- Trim the strawberries for the glaze and puree in a small food processor. Strain the puree through a small strainer to get 1 Tbsp of puree. Whisk together the sugar, puree, and lemon juice until no lumps remain. If your glaze is too thin, add a touch more sugar. If it's too thick, add more lemon juice.
- Spread the glaze over the cooled blondies. Let the glaze set before slicing.