The summery flavor of fresh strawberries combine with decadent, velvety cheesecake for the ultimate cookout dessert!
- 1 cup - butter softened
- 1/2 cup - white sugar
- 2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces - cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup - sour cream ( you can use plain or strawberry Greek yogurt)
- 3/4 cup - sugar
- 2 - large eggs
- 2 tablespoons - milk
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons - freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons - lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon - all-purpose flour
- 1 - heaping cup chopped fresh strawberries
6 to 12
6 to 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat the bottom and sides of a 13" x 9" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and ½ cup white sugar.
- Mix for about 3 minutes until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan pan.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden at the edges. If using a metal pan, baking time will be near the lower end of the range.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing cheesecake.
- Using a mixer to cream together the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar.
- Add the eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix just until combined and creamy.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour and then the strawberries.
- Pour cheesecake filling over warm crust and smooth out evenly.
- Return to oven for an additional 30 to 35 minutes until just getting lightly golden brown around the edges and the center doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for an hour then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.