Sylvester the Cat gave succotash a bad rap. Turns out, this veggie-based side dish is both quick to make and packed with flavor.
Snap Peas and Sweet Corn Succotash
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 2 cups - fresh or frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 8 ounces - fresh sugar snap peas
- 5 - miniature sweet peppers, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch rings (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons - shredded fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon - ground cumin
- 1 - clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
4 to 6
4 to 6
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add corn. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add snap peas and peppers; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil, cumin, garlic and salt.