This mouth-watering dessert is a warm treat perfect for cooler autumn evenings.
Peach And Plum Galette
- 2 teaspoons - cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon - finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon - kosher salt
- 1/3 cup - sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 pound - peaches, cut into 3/4"-thick wedges
- 1 pound - plums, cut into 3/4"-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon - fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon - finely grated peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon - heavy cream
- - pie crust of your choosing
- - softly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (for serving; optional)
4 to 8
4 to 8
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine cornstarch, lime zest, salt, and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Toss with your hands to combine.
- Add fruit and toss to coat.
- Add lime juice, vanilla, and ginger (if using); toss gently.
- Arrange fruit mixture in the center of chilled dough (still on parchment on baking sheet) and spread out evenly, leaving a 3" border.
- Fold edges of dough up and over fruit, pleating as needed and being careful that folded edge of dough doesn’t tear (if it does, patch with dough scraps and pinch to seal).
- Pour cream into a small bowl and brush all over dough.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over dough.
- Place galette in oven and immediately reduce heat to 375°F.
- Bake, rotating halfway through, until crust is deep golden brown everywhere, fruit is softened, and juices are bubbling, 45–50 minutes.
- Let galette cool 2 hours before serving.