Turn your weekday dinner up a notch with this delicious tuna pasta!
Pantry Pasta Dinner
- 3/4 pound - spaghetti or pasta of your choice in salted water
- 1 1/2 cups - frozen peas
- dash - Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - red bell pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- 6 - garlic cloves, minced
- 2 - 14-oz cans tuna, drained
- 1 - Zested lemon
- - Juice of 1/2 lemon
- - Handful chopped fresh parsley (about 1 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon - dried oregano
- - black pepper
- 6 - pitted kalmata olives, sliced
- 1 - jalapeño pepper (optional), sliced
- - Grated Parmesan cheese
2 to 4
2 to 4
- Bring 3 quart of water to a rolling boil and add 1 tbsp of kosher salt. Cook the pasta in the boiling water to al DENTE according to package (most spaghetti will cook in 9 to 12 minutes or so). After the pasta has been cooking for 5 minutes or so, add the frozen peas to cook with the pasta for the remainder of the time. When pasta is ready, take ¾ cup of the cooking water and set it aside. Drain pasta and peas in a colander.
- In a large deep cooking pan, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium-high till shimmering but not smoking. Add red peppers and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, tossing regularly. Add garlic and cook, tossing frequently, for 30 to 45 seconds or so until fragrant.
- Now, add the cooked pasta and peas to the pan and toss to combine. Add tuna, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, black pepper, kalamata olives, jalapeño if using, and a big sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil and some of the pasta cooking water. Give everything a toss. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Add more Parmesan if you like.
- Transfer tuna pasta to serving bowls.