These are great holiday gifts or additions to Christmas cookie trays!
- 1 - (16-ounce) box light brown sugar
- 1 cup - heavy cream
- 1/4 cup - (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces so it will melt faster
- 2 cups - pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- pinch - of salt
10 to 15
10 to 15
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Combine the light brown sugar and heavy cream in a large microwave-safe bowl, and stir well.
- Different microwaves may require different cooking time. Cooking times given are an estimate. You may find you need to microwave for a shorter or longer time. Microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- Add butter and stir it in to melt it.
- Microwave on HIGH for another 5 minutes. The mixture will boil up some and you don’t want it to overflow.
- Stir in pecans, vanilla, and salt. It should begin to change color and start to look creamy. It will also thicken. If not, it needs to be microwaved longer. Return it to the microwave for another 1 to 2 minutes. Be very careful when removing the bowl from the microwave. It will be very hot.
- You must scoop the pralines out onto the baking sheet very quickly. The mixture will start to thicken and harden rapidly.