Maple Cinnamon Apple Blondies
Warm up from a day in the snow with a fresh batch of these soft, decadent blondies topped with a sweet maple glaze.
- 1 1/2 stick - (3/4 cup) salted butter
- 1/2 cup - apple butter
- 1 1/2 cups - light brown sugar
- 2 - large eggs
- 1 tablespoon - vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon - baking powder
- 2 tablespoons - cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon - nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon - kosher salt
- 2 - tart apples, peeled , and chopped (about 2 cups chopped apples)
- 3 tablespoons - salted butter
- 3 tablespoons - maple syrup
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups - powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon - cinnamon
- 1 pinch - salt
4 to 8
4 to 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the butter to a medium pot set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown, until it smells toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the apple butter and 1 cup brown sugar. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, mixing until just combined.
- Spread the dough out into the prepared dish.
- In a bowl, toss the apples with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Evenly sprinkle the apples over the dough.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, just until set in the center. If there is liquid in the center, swirl it around the pan, then bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Add the butter to a small pot set over medium heat.
- Allow the butter to brown lightly until it smells toasted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the maple syrup, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bars. Let set for 5 minutes. Cut into bars...snack and enjoy!