A recipe so good it's worth adding to the holiday wishlist!
- 1/3 cup - sugar
- 1/2 cup - brown sugar
- 1/3 cup - molasses
- 1/2 cup - vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup - applesauce
- 1 large - egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup - flour
- 1 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon - sea salt
- 1 teaspoon - cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon - ginger
- 1/2 cup - evaporated milk
- dash - coarse sugar to garnish the top
10 to 15
10 to 15
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 14 to 15 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, molasses, oil, applesauce egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Whisk together.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture with the milk until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffins ¾ of the way full.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- After 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 375 degrees F. Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- You know they are done when the muffins spring back to the touch. Do not over bake or they will be tough.