Fresh Strawberry Cake
The only strawberry cake recipe you'll ever need!
- 2 cups - cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 1/4 cup - butter (soft)
- 3/4 cup - granulated sugar
- 1 large - egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup - yogurt whole plain (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons - milk 2% or whole (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup - chopped strawberries
- 1 cup - icing/powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon - strawberry puree or strawberry jelly
10 to 12
10 to 12
- FOR THE BATTER: Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease and flour an 8 or 9 inch round cake pan.
- In medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the mixing bowl on medium speed beat the butter and sugar until creamy, approximately 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the yogurt and milk on low speed 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Gently fold in the strawberries. (the batter will be thick)
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes in pan then move to a wire rack to cool completely before drizzling with the glaze. Top with fresh strawberries before serving. Enjoy!
- FOR THE GLAZE: In a medium bowl add the sifted powdered sugar, vanilla, cream and puree, whisk together until smooth. If it is too thick then add more cream or puree, too thin then more powdered sugar.