Deliciously tart and creamy turnovers (also known as tartlets) are the perfect make-ahead appetizer for the holiday season!
Cranberry Brie Turnover
- 2 cups - Canned Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 2 large - Sheets (1 box) Frozen Puff Pastry, Thawed
- 8 ounces - Brie Wheel Cut into 12 Slices (keep rind on)
- 1/3 cup - Fig Preserves (orange marmalade also works)
- 1 large - Egg, beaten
- pinch - Coarse Sugar, for serving
- pinch - Fresh Thyme, for serving
2 to 12
2 to 12
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix cranberries and cinnamon.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6 rectangles. Spread each rectangle with about 1 teaspoon fig preserves, leaving a 1/4 inch border. Top with 2 slices of brie and then mound the cranberry sauce over the brie.
- Fold the edges of the pastry inward to enclose the brie. Brush the edges of pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the brie melted.