Dig into cherry season! The sweet cherry clusters pack a punch in this perfectly fluffy clafoutis treat.
- 1 1/2 cup - tart or sweet cherries, halved and pits removed
- 4 large - eggs
- 1/2 cup - granulated sugar
- 1 cup - milk
- 1 tablespoon - amaretto, or 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3/4 cup - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon - kosher salt
- - Powdered sugar, for serving
- - Softened butter, for pan
5 to 10
5 to 10
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9" round baking dish with butter.
- Spread out cherries in an even layer in bottom of pan.
- In a blender, add eggs and sugar and blend until frothy.
- Add milk, amaretto, flour and salt and blend until combined. Pour batter over cherries.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature dusted with powdered sugar.