Brown Butter & Peach Blondies With Caramelized Big Peach Glaze
Our super-simple brown butter peach blondies come together in a snap for the perfect treat for a summer picnic!
- 1/2 cup - unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup - packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup - raw sugar
- 1 large - free range egg
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon - Mississippi River Distillery Big Peach Liqueur
- 1 cup - flour
- 2 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- pinch - salt
- 1 1/2 cups - white chocolate chips
- 8 - firm ripe peaches, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup - browned butter
- 1 1/2 cups - powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons - Mississippi River Distillery Big Peach Liqueur
10 to 12
10 to 12
- For the blondies Grease and line with baking paper a 20 cm/ 8-inch square cake pan.
- In a medium, heavy bottomed pan over medium heat, melt the butter. The butter should be taken off the heat when it starts turning a brown color and emitting a nutty aroma. Cool slightly.
- Beat together the butter and both sugars until smooth.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and salt into the butter mixture, fold in gently until just combined.
- Fold in gently 1 cup white chocolate chips and peach slices.
- Pour the blondie batter into the prepared baking pan. Make sure the top is smooth and even.
- Scatter the remaining white chocolate pieces over the top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cover the tin with foil if the white chocolate is browning too quickly. The edges should be a lovely golden brown. Don't worry too much if the middle is still a little wet - they will set more as they cool.
- Drizzle the caramelized white chocolate glaze over the blondies while they cool.
- Once cooled completely cut into squares and enjoy!
- For the glaze Mix 1/4 cup of browned butter 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
- Blend in 2 tbsp of Mississippi River Distillery Big Peach Liqueur.
- When it’s smooth set aside to drizzle over the hot blondies.