Our simplest spring and summer recipe with the tastiest creamy dressing. This broccoli slaw is quick and easy to make!
- 2 - heads of broccoli
- 1/2 cup - thinly sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup - dried cranberries
- 1/2 small - red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup - buttermilk, well-shaken
- 1/3 cup - mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons - cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon - sugar
- 3 tablespoons - finely chopped shallot (or, you could just use a little extra red onion to simplify it)
8 to 12
8 to 12
- Trim broccoli and cut it into large chunks. From here, you can either feed it through your food processor’s slicing blade, use a mandolin to cut it into thin slices, or simply hand chop it into smaller pieces. I used the stem and the flowerets, but if you have a broccoli stem aversion you can just use the tops. (P.S. My favorite way to prep the stems is to peel them — the tough skin is why most people think they don’t like broccoli stems; the broccoli underneath is juicy and crisp — then use a knife to cut them into thin slices.)
- Toss the sliced broccoli with the almonds, cranberries, and red onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a smaller one, with a good pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli (if you’ve skipped the stems, you might not want it all; I otherwise found this to be the perfect amount) and toss it well.
- Season well with salt and pepper to taste.