Blackberry Peach Cobbler
This cobbler is jam-packed with fresh fruit flavors!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup - butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup - sugar
- 3/4 cup - light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup - crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 cup - toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 4 cups - all-purpose flour
FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 cups - fresh blackberries
- 8 cups - peeled, sliced peaches
- 3 cups - sugar
- 3/4 cup - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon - ground cinnamon
- pinch - salt
8 to 10
8 to 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- FOR THE FILLING: Place fruit in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Sift dry ingredients over fruit and fold them in with a spatula. Then let fruit mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- FOR THE CRUST: Place butter and white and brown sugars in a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy. Add ginger and pecans, stirring to combine.
- Bake until bars are golden brown and set, about 30–40 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Add dry ingredients to butter-and-sugar mixture one cup at a time. The result should resemble cookie dough.
- Pour fruit filling into a deep 4-quart baking dish, and then drop pieces of dough over the top to cover.
- Place baking dish in a jelly-roll pan—to catch any filling that may overflow—and bake for 1 hour. Check the cobbler periodically to make sure the crust doesn’t become too brown before the filling is fully cooked. (You may need to turn the oven temperature down to 325°F.) Filling should be bubbly around the edges.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or both!