Big Peach And Cream Cake
An easy, summertime sweet & peachy treat!
- 1 stick - unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup - granulated sugar
- 2 large - eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup - fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1 teaspoon - kosher salt
- 1/2 cup - plain Greek yogurt
- 3 - ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 3 tablespoons - lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 cup - confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup - Mississippi River Distillery Big Peach Liqueur
6 to 10
6 to 10
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8-inch cake pan with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
- Add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt; mix to combine.
- Add the yogurt and mix until just combined.
- Spread the cake batter into the prepared pan in an even layer (it will be thick).
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then unmold and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the topping: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the peaches with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, Big Peach Liqueur and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- When the cake has cooled, spoon the peaches on top and drizzle with the glaze before serving.