The simple potato salad gets a makeover with asparagus and radishes, bringing to your table a sensational springtime edible.
- 2 pounds - New potatoes, halved (quartered, if large)
- 2 cups - Large radishes, halved lengthwise (about 8 oz.)
- 1 pound - Fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons - Olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon - Kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon - Black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup - Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup - Whole buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon - Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon - Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon - Chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon - Minced shallot (from 1 small)
- 2 teaspoons - Chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon - Whole-grain mustard
6 to 8
6 to 8
- For the Salad: Steam the new potatoes, and blanch and shock the asparagus.
????Interested in growing your own vegetables? Recommended read.
- For the Dressing: Mix the herbs with the mayo, buttermilk, cider and mustard.
- To serve: Toss the veggies together and drizzle with the dressing. Chill and serve.