The sweetest strawberry cookie recipe to say 'I Love You'.
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 strawberry cake mix (just the powder - no other ingredients needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- pink (or red) sanding sugar
- 1 package chocolate kisses
1. Preheat your oven to 350°.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (You can use this same piece of parchment paper for all your cookies.)
3. Remove the wrappers from the Hershey kisses and set aside.
4. Combine the dry cake mix, cream cheese, butter, egg, and extract and mix with a hand mixer until it is mixed well.
5.Roll into dough balls and roll in the sanding sugar. (This made about 50 cookies)
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Do not overbake. They will feel soft when they come out but they will firm up as they cool.
7. As soon as they come out of the oven add a kiss onto each cookie.
8. Let sit on the hot cookie tray for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.