Addictively-crisp and perfect when dished up with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream on top!INGREDIENTS:
- 6 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, halved (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup thick strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold salted butter, cubed
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, toss together strawberries, strawberry jam, maple syrup or honey, cornstarch, cinnamon, bourbon, and vanilla.
- Spread the fruit out into a 10-12 inch baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- To make the topping: Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Add 8 tablespoons butter and cut the butter into the dry ingredients using a fork or pastry cutter. Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove the crisp from the oven, remove the foil, and arrange 4 tablespoons butter evenly on top.
- Drizzle the maple syrup or honey over the butter.
- Bake another 20-30 minutes. If a crisper topping is desired, broil for 1 minute.
- Let cool 20-30 minutes.