,Try our simple, 10-step sweet corn recipe for a touch of Southern flavor!
- 8 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 1/4 cup bacon, cut into small dice
- 1/2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. chives, minced
- To remove corn kernels, cut off the ends of each ear to make flat surfaces.
- Stand ears in a wide casserole dish and, one at a time, carefully cut down the sides with a sharp knife.
- Hold each cob over a bowl and scrape with the back of a butter knife to remove the milk and pulp. Discard cobs and set liquid aside.
- Heat a cast-iron pan on medium-high. Add cut corn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bacon and continue to cook until kernels are slightly charred. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pulp liquid, charred corn, and heavy cream.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives, and serve!