Raspberry Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
A tasty treat to leave Santa Claus on Christmas Eve!INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ? cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter and white sugar together in a medium bowl until creamy.
- Mix in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
- Add flour and mix until dough comes together.
- Form dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Use your thumb to press down and make a dent in the center of each ball, then fill with jam.
- Bake in batches in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, about 14 to 18 minutes; allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, milk, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon almond extract together in a medium bowl until smooth; drizzle lightly over warm cookies.