We've got the perfect recipe just in time for those bountiful Thanksgiving meals!
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package baking yeast (instant yeast)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Warm the milk in a bowl in the microwave for just about 1 minute until it is warm. Pour it into a large bowl.
- Add in the sugar and salt, then stir the mixture. Allow it to sit until it is warm, but not too hot (if you have a thermometer, it should measure about 105-110 degrees in order to activate the yeast). Add 1 package of instant yeast right to this milk.
- Add the softened (almost melted) butter, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir this well until it is all blended together.
- Gradually add in the flour,1 cup at a time.
- Add in the last 1/2 a cup and start to knead the dough with your hands until the last 1/2 cup of flour is incorporated in.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and continue to knead the bread for about 7 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
- Add a bit more flour as you need to during kneading. The dough should still feel sticky, but it will not stick to your hands.
- Place this dough in a greased bowl and cover it. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until it has doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Split the dough into 15 balls. You may have more or less depending on the size you make the rolls.
- Place in a greased 9x13 pan. Cover and rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.