Turning ordinary ingredients into extraordinary flavors!
- 3 (heaping) cups 1-inch cubes of day-old cornbread—this isn’t called bread salad for nothing!
- great flavorful olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes in a variety of colors, chopped into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 4-5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 to 5 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup (packed) basil, torn
- flaky sea salt, to finish
If you don’t have left over cornbread, buy some, cut it into chunks, and toast it slightly in a 350° oven until crisp.
Then, just stir it all together and serve!
To make it more interesting add a cup of leftover sweet corn cut off the cob or go carnivore and add chunks of leftover chicken or BACON or both!