This quick and easy one-pot meal is sure to become a family favorite around the house!
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion and carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, rice, salt, and pepper, and cook until fragrant and rice begins to toast, about 3 minutes
Stir in stock, and add Parmesan rind; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until rice is just cooked through, about 18 minutes. Uncover and discard rind; stir in chicken. Cook until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.
Stir in parsley and lemon juice just before serving, and top with shaved Parmesan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (4-inch) piece Parmesan cheese rind(optional but really good)
- 4 cups shredded boneless, skinless chicken (I use leftover from roast or rotisserie)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved