Each cookie is a masterpiece of flavor, texture, and the sweet surprise of a Hershey Kiss!
—Recipes by Chef Steph
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon maraschino cherry juice liquid
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond vanilla or cherry extract 2- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1⁄4 cup granulated white sugar for rolling
- 24 Hershey Kisses
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the cherry juice and extract of choice and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Once the two cups are added, slowly add a couple of tablespoons at a time until the dough resembles a play dough consistency and can be handled without sticking to hands.
- Carefully stir in the chopped cherries, just until combined.
- Use a tablespoon round cookie dough scoop to form small cookie dough balls and roll the balls in granulated sugar until coated.
- Chill the dough balls for at least 20 minutes before baking.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cookies evenly apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until baked through.
- Remove from the oven and place a Hershey kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Allow to cool before serving.