Cover image credit: blueberry.org
Liven up treat time with these super-cool purple cookies!INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Either in the microwave or on the stovetop, thaw the frozen blueberries until they're soft and jammy. (In the microwave this should take about 30 seconds over high heat, and on the stovetop it should take about 2-3 minutes on medium heat.)
- Let the blueberries cool for about 2-3 minutes. While they're cooling, use an electric mixer or a stand mixer to cream together the butter and sugar. You want to cream the sugar and butter until the mixture is noticeably lighter and fluffy.
- Add the thawed blueberries to the butter and sugar and cream at a high speed. You want to "mash" the blueberries into the mixture, making it so that they are puréed and fully combined with the butter and sugar. The mixture should be a deep-purple color.
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to form a cohesive dough. Mix in the white chocolate chips.
- The dough will be very slack, so chill in the freezer for 30 minutes before shaping into 12 balls.
- Bake the cookies at 400° F for 10-13 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges. Let cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes and then serve.