Enjoy this combination of rhubarb, oats and cream cheese frosting! These moist, chewy, and tangy rhubarb cookies will delight your tastebuds.
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c diced rhubarb
- 3/4 c old fashioned oats
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Cream the butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the diced rhubarb and oats.
???? Plant your own rhubarb
and bake these rhubarb cookies more often!
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on a greased baking sheet (parchment-lined would make for even easier cleanup). Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Make the frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over the cooled cookies.